Accessories and Documentation
Spire sends the TherMax Pro with a large assortment of goodies. Let's start at the top. They supply a new LGA1366 back plate and a Blue Star, UV, 90mm fan. Moving down, they use the wire fan retaining clips to keep the fan mounted to the cooler. There are four pins that insert in the LGA775 bracket to lock the mounting bracket in place.
As far as the supplied wiring and electronics, Spire sends a fan controller with not only an adapter to wire the controller to the fan, but a 4-pin to 2-pin power adapter as well. On the very right inside of the fan clip is the supplied screws that are for assembling the LGA1366 mount and a hex-head screw for the fan controller. Lastly, Spire has sent a 0.5g tube of Stars-700 silver grease as their TIM of choice.
These are the two mounting adapters that Spire sends with the TherMax Pro. The one to the left is the LGA1366 mount with the four screws in place holding the back plate in place. This obviously makes the mount on the right for LGA775, which uses a simple solution to a push-pin install. Both brackets are flanked with two locking tabs on the outer ring. This is where the clips on the TherMax Pro lock onto.
This is a close up of the already installed anti-vibration pads that come on the fan. They are made of a soft rubber and can be removed and replaced if needed, simply by pulling them through the screw hole.
Here is a look at the underside of the LGA775 mount. The clear plastic part snaps into the motherboard with a click. Then once all four are into the board, the top has a hole to receive the pin which spreads the locks and keeps it in place. Removal was simple, it just took a pair of needle nosed pliers to persuade the locks into letting go.
There were no instructions with this sample, but I was told it was due to the need for them to be rewritten to include instructions on the LGA1366 mounting. To be completely honest, there is no need for them; I found the installation to be very easy and self explanatory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Spire TherMax Pro]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Tesla's electric semi truck
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives