While the card uses the reference cooler, I have to say the choice of sticker that Inno3D has gone for looks absolutely fantastic. With the card sitting in my testbed, I really have trouble taking my eyes off it as the whole gold and black theme looks simply awesome. It's unfortunate that once it's in its PCI-E slot, you're probably not going to be able to see it.
We can see to the right of the cooler there's a fan present that helps push cool air across the GPU and out the back of the case. We can also see here that Inno3D has put its logo on there.
Making our way around the card, we can see the same reference design which doesn't come as a surprise. Towards the back of the card we have two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors, while closer to the front gives us two SLI connectors which gives us the ability to run three cards.
As far as the I/O side of things go, we have two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a single TV-Out port. Across the top of the card we have some vents that let the hot air escape which helps keep the card and your whole system cool.
We have mentioned already that the card is overclocked, but since there was no mention of clock speeds on the box, we weren't 100% sure what we were dealing with until we fired up GPU-Z.
While Inno3D have left the shader clock at the default 1476MHz, the core has been increased 50MHz to 700MHz while the 1GB of GDDR3 memory has had a slight bump from 2483MHz DDR to 2560MHz DDR.
The overclock on a whole isn't too bad and we will have to find out just what kind of increase in performance this helps us yield when it comes to our benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.