Accessories and Documentation
The Nexus FLC-3000 comes with a good assortment of hardware. Nexus includes mounts for both AMD brackets at the top left and right, as well as mounting for both LGA775 and Core i7 processors. The bottom row of hardware consists of four Mylar washers to keep from grounding to the motherboard, the LGA775 backing plate, TIM, and four mounting screws.
In my short time of doing cooler reviews, I have to say this is the first time I have run across these "clamp" type bracket mounts; the process of installing the brackets is as easy as loosening a few screws, sliding in the bracket and tightening the screws. Nexus did a great job of mixing the ease of installation with a really sturdy mounting system. I used the AMD mounting system to get the cooler on our testing rig. I couldn't have been more pleased, it attaches simply with just the tightening of two screws on the bracket itself.
A close up of the leg of the LGA775 mounting bracket shows Nexus, again with simplicity in mind, just made the appropriate hole for LGA1366. The back plate is not made to accept the LGA1366 mounts, though. With all this bare metal exposed to the motherboard it now becomes really clear why they ship the Mylar washers to keep this unit from cutting into the face of the motherboard.
The manual itself is a simple installation guide and parts list. They show very good images of both the space requirements and for those with HTPC's you get one last confirmation of the fit prior to the install. Both AMD and Intel mounting setups are covered well, but the simplicity of the design on the clips makes it pretty much self-explanatory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Nexus FLC-3000]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015