The Nexus FLC-3000
Nexus brings an attractive cooler to the table with the FLC-3000, from the four copper heat pipes to the specially shaped fins that surround the 92mm orange LED fan. With the FLC-3000, as well as many others from Nexus, this cooler is equipped with a SkiveTEK cooler on the base. More on that a little later.
Looking over the fan shows this 92mm choice to make pretty good coverage over the aluminum fins. This cooler is designed to take the air from the top, over the fins and past the evenly spaced heat pipes to cool the motherboard components.
From the side you can see Nexus' stepped fin design. They start shorter at the base and get longer as the room allows. From this angle it is also noticeable how the fins are higher than the fan for a bit of protection. Lastly, you can see the groove between the base and the SkiveTEK, in which the hardware slides into.
The top of the FLC-3000 has the four, 6mm heat pipes protruding through the top fin, as most heat pipe coolers do. We get a good look at the fin shape and mounting bracket for the fan as well. The bracket is mounted both top and bottom with the two Phillips head screws. Nexus even built a wire retainer into this clip to keep the wires out of the fan when room is at a premium inside of a HTPC.
Welcome to the business end of the FLC-3000. You can see a polished copper base that holds the heat pipes. The four Phiilip's head screws here are to loosen the SkiveTEK heat sink to allow the mounting brackets to slide in when loosened.
A second look at the base of the FLC-3000 shows that Nexus did a very fine job of getting a polished finish to their heat sink.
This is the underside of the SkiveTEK heat sink. Nexus has made this heat sink to surround the heat pipes of the FLC-3000 snugly. This is a direct touch heat transfer, as there is no thermal paste between this heat sink and the pipes.
With the SkiveTEK portion of the base removed, we get a look at just how well the base makes contact with the heat pipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Nexus FLC-3000]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI wants to put a GTX 1080 in its new VR PC backpack
- ZOTAC's GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme is a BEAST, and we love it
- MSI displays its new GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G at Computex 2016
- ASUS crams a pair of GTX 1080s into beastly ROG G31 Edition 10 PC
- ASUS teases the Ghost Rider custom PC at Computex 2016
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream