Unfortunately the kit we received from Kingston was simply in anti-static bags and there were no boxes or packaging material, so we can't give you any info on how it's packed or if the package will rip your hands to bits opening it (like so many other kits have done to me over the years).
Normally we are used to seeing DDR3 modules with heatspreaders to help with dissipating heat to the air, but the kit we're looking at today is bare; no heatsinks, spreaders or cooling aids of any type. This means either these modules are super cool running or they aren't intended for overclocking. Hopefully it's the former and not the latter.
All memory manufacturers place a small sticker (some do larger ones) with the information on the memory modules, including their rated speed in MHz, CAS latency and voltage. Kingston, however, place theirs in the form of a huge jumble of numbers that requires a super computer to decode, or you can go onto their website and sift through all the modules until you come across the same model number that you have.
After deciphering the information, the kit we have received is a 6GB triple channel kit with a rated speed of 1333MHz using 1.5v standard DDR3 voltage and a timing rating of 9-9-9-26 2T.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Colorful's amazing iGame GTX 1080 Ti looks MEAN, FAST
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- Bungie makes Destiny 2 official with an artwork tease
- HTC Vive partners with WB for Ready Player One
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse