There's no denying that in the synthetic world we see some serious performance from the G.Skill modules. But this is the same with all memory when we really start to pump up the MHz. When you get into the real world, though, checking out an intensive game like Far Cry 2 shows that the extra speed does very little for performance.
With that said, the G.Skill kit we have here today is very fast and also managed to overclock to a very impressive speed of over 1700MHz with only a little bit of time. If you really put some time into the modules we don't doubt for a second you will be able to see even more speed.
The G.Skill kit is actually one of the fastest kits to date we've tested and we don't doubt for a second that if you're looking for not only a 6GB kit that looks killer, but can perform as well, then the PI Black G.Skill DDR3 PC 12800 CL8 6GB kit is for you.
Overall we've got a great 6GB kit of memory here that isn't going to break the bank as much as some of the lower latency stuff on offer. The kit is a good all rounder that offers looks, performance and price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio