At the top of the package we have the G.Skill logo. We also have mention of the fact that this is a Tri-Channel Memory kit and that it's intended for use with Intel Core i7 CPUs. Below that we can see a little tag line from G.Skill that says "Extreme performance for Nehalem from G.Skill."
The rest of the package is taken up by the three 2GB modules; we can see exactly what they look like and we can also see the information on the module that tells us about the speed of the modules. We will have a closer look at that in a second.
Turning the package over, we have once again the G.Skill logo and a bit of a run down about the kit. Towards the bottom we have the URL, contact details and a sticker that gives us a rundown on the main specifications.
Pulling the modules out of the package, there isn't anything we haven't really seen already thanks to the fact you can see the modules when they're all packed up. Being a part of the PI series, we have the special heatsink that makes the modules look great.
On one side of the modules we have the G.Skill logo along with the PI logo; the other side has the same but also a sticker that gives us a rundown on the speed, size, timings etc.
Having a closer look at the sticker, we can see that the modules are PC-12800 or 1600MHz, have the default timings of 8-8-8-21 and are rated to run at 1.6v - 1.65v. We can also see that the kit is 2GB x 3, giving us a grand total of 6GB of memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio