The Thecus N4100PRO is the first NAS appliance we have tested with Intel's NASPT and we do not have a lot of data from competing products to compare the test results to. In 2009 TweakTown will be testing two to three devices per month and will be able to build a database of results that will show the strengths and weaknesses of each NAS.
For today's test we chose to use the Netgear ReadyNAS NV as the control. My ReadyNAS NV is an older model that I tested a few years ago, so it is no surprise that the Thecus N4100PRO is much faster. Out of the retail box, with the latest firmware the N4100PRO shows strong results in consumer tests like HD video playback and recording. The N4100PRO is designed for consumer and SOHO use and delivers strong performance in those activities. Businesses that need daily backup operations will want to upgrade the unit with a larger memory module or look at Thecus' products designed for these types of uses.
When it comes to the price, the Thecus N4100PRO is right on the money, so to speak. At 399 Dollars online with free shipping, the N4100PRO is a remarkable bargain. Once you add in a few drives the price increases, but with large 1TB drives breaking the sub-100 Dollar mark, adding cheap storage shouldn't be a problem.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni