...Slow dance on the inside
Now we turn our attention to the operating system and features. The U800 is full of features, including HSDPA or 3G+. Internet browsing is fast and MMS pictures load almost instantly along with sending promptly. Sadly, not very many places support HSDPA; London, Manchester and amazingly Maidenhead (home town of Three).
The menu is a dream to view and the flash animation is clean and pleasant to work with, but here sadly comes another downfall of the U800. For all its sheek, it runs painfully slow sometimes. You will find yourself selecting something in the menu and then waiting so long that you have enough time to write sonnets, compose classic masterpieces and maybe catch a movie or two.
Customisation of the menu and phone is truly bewilderingly in-depth and the screen has a wonderful level of detail, leading to another major gripe about this device; the screen. The issue is that it performs terribly in outside light. You'll be damned if you want to use this device outdoors, 'cause I sure as heck can't! - The glare is so strong and this leads to it being practically unusable in sun light.
Overall, the menus system is intuitive and clean; though it will take a little while to adapt to if you have used Sony or alternative brands, especially when it comes to texting. And again, beware of the slow gremlin when texting; I found I had to clear the inbox/outbox regularly to avoid massive slowdown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- Nintendo Switch pre-order priced at AUD$999 in Australia
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package