Introduction and Aesthetics
Holding the U800 is not only a pleasure to the eyes, but also to the geek in all of us. With a full metal body it has a healthy weight to it and a solid build, something most other mobile phones lack these days.
Thankfully, with the solid build you also get a solid keyboard. Texting is a pleasure and shows to be very responsive. Keys are not placed too close to each other so you won't be mistyping many messages either.
On the right side you have the camera button which is fairly well situated and highlighted with a simple red mark. Located near the button is the power adapter point which also doubles up as the audio connector. Now, here comes the first downfall of the device; the connector is awkwardly located and as usual is not an acceptable replacement for a standard audio jack, nor will it ever be!
The location means if you ever want to use the device as a replacement to your MP3 player, it's very awkwardly sat in your pocket. And if you want to replace the headphones (which you will - trust me) it means you have the length of the adapter and the replacement headphones trailing behind you.
On the left is your volume control which again is sensibly located and styled. Just below that is the microSD port; this can take up to 2GB SD cards. Considering that you already have 1GB built on board, that's a whopping 3GB on a sub $300 phone!!
The device actually has two cameras; one on the front for 3G calls and one on the back for your garden variety point-and-click situations. The quality of the pictures are pretty average; a mere 3.0 megapixels means this is NOT a replacement for your main camera, but more so for plain old picture messaging. You do get a flash for darker situations; however, the quality in low light is simply below average.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Micron unveils its own 3D NAND technology, finally going vertical
- Conan Exiles alpha screenshots show a brutal and desolate world
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Кадастровая оценка от Мо
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives