Introduction and Aesthetics
Holding the U800 is not only a pleasure to the eyes, but also to the geek in all of us. With a full metal body it has a healthy weight to it and a solid build, something most other mobile phones lack these days.
Thankfully, with the solid build you also get a solid keyboard. Texting is a pleasure and shows to be very responsive. Keys are not placed too close to each other so you won't be mistyping many messages either.
On the right side you have the camera button which is fairly well situated and highlighted with a simple red mark. Located near the button is the power adapter point which also doubles up as the audio connector. Now, here comes the first downfall of the device; the connector is awkwardly located and as usual is not an acceptable replacement for a standard audio jack, nor will it ever be!
The location means if you ever want to use the device as a replacement to your MP3 player, it's very awkwardly sat in your pocket. And if you want to replace the headphones (which you will - trust me) it means you have the length of the adapter and the replacement headphones trailing behind you.
On the left is your volume control which again is sensibly located and styled. Just below that is the microSD port; this can take up to 2GB SD cards. Considering that you already have 1GB built on board, that's a whopping 3GB on a sub $300 phone!!
The device actually has two cameras; one on the front for 3G calls and one on the back for your garden variety point-and-click situations. The quality of the pictures are pretty average; a mere 3.0 megapixels means this is NOT a replacement for your main camera, but more so for plain old picture messaging. You do get a flash for darker situations; however, the quality in low light is simply below average.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015