Introduction and Aesthetics
Holding the U800 is not only a pleasure to the eyes, but also to the geek in all of us. With a full metal body it has a healthy weight to it and a solid build, something most other mobile phones lack these days.
Thankfully, with the solid build you also get a solid keyboard. Texting is a pleasure and shows to be very responsive. Keys are not placed too close to each other so you won't be mistyping many messages either.
On the right side you have the camera button which is fairly well situated and highlighted with a simple red mark. Located near the button is the power adapter point which also doubles up as the audio connector. Now, here comes the first downfall of the device; the connector is awkwardly located and as usual is not an acceptable replacement for a standard audio jack, nor will it ever be!
The location means if you ever want to use the device as a replacement to your MP3 player, it's very awkwardly sat in your pocket. And if you want to replace the headphones (which you will - trust me) it means you have the length of the adapter and the replacement headphones trailing behind you.
On the left is your volume control which again is sensibly located and styled. Just below that is the microSD port; this can take up to 2GB SD cards. Considering that you already have 1GB built on board, that's a whopping 3GB on a sub $300 phone!!
The device actually has two cameras; one on the front for 3G calls and one on the back for your garden variety point-and-click situations. The quality of the pictures are pretty average; a mere 3.0 megapixels means this is NOT a replacement for your main camera, but more so for plain old picture messaging. You do get a flash for darker situations; however, the quality in low light is simply below average.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- Halo PC is finally happening, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology
- QPAD's latest mouse launches world premier at Dreamhack
- Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans