If we talk about value, the Nanotherm comes in 2g syringes and the AS2 comes in 3g syringes. At retail prices, that works out to be US$2.48/gram for the Nanotherm and US$2.83/gram. So it seems that the new and improved blue stuff wins this portion of the contest.
Now, if we talk performance, we see a tie. The AS2 compound managed to post a half degree lower temperature at idle, but the Nanotherm took that same half degree right back during the 3dMark2001 run.
Something else to consider is the density of the two compounds. With proper amounts of the each of the respective compounds applied to the surfaces, the Nanotherm product will cover more surface area. Both recommend a .003 inch coating for proper performance, but the blue covers 30.5 square inches of surface area compared to the 18 square inches provided by the AS2. Seems that the blue stuff takes this portion of the test as well.
Bottom line¡K If you¡¦re looking for an effective TIM (and who isn¡¦t), and don¡¦t want to spend more than necessary, then get yourself some Nanotherm Compound. While it doesn¡¦t have the pretty silver color, it does manage to be as effective as Arctic Silver II while bringing in a lower cost to the user. And besides, who is going to be looking between the processor and the heatsink anyway?
As effective as Arctic Silver II
Texture could be smoother
Rating ¡V 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- New scoop on latest Destiny DLC 'Days of Iron' amour
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now