If we talk about value, the Nanotherm comes in 2g syringes and the AS2 comes in 3g syringes. At retail prices, that works out to be US$2.48/gram for the Nanotherm and US$2.83/gram. So it seems that the new and improved blue stuff wins this portion of the contest.
Now, if we talk performance, we see a tie. The AS2 compound managed to post a half degree lower temperature at idle, but the Nanotherm took that same half degree right back during the 3dMark2001 run.
Something else to consider is the density of the two compounds. With proper amounts of the each of the respective compounds applied to the surfaces, the Nanotherm product will cover more surface area. Both recommend a .003 inch coating for proper performance, but the blue covers 30.5 square inches of surface area compared to the 18 square inches provided by the AS2. Seems that the blue stuff takes this portion of the test as well.
Bottom line¡K If you¡¦re looking for an effective TIM (and who isn¡¦t), and don¡¦t want to spend more than necessary, then get yourself some Nanotherm Compound. While it doesn¡¦t have the pretty silver color, it does manage to be as effective as Arctic Silver II while bringing in a lower cost to the user. And besides, who is going to be looking between the processor and the heatsink anyway?
As effective as Arctic Silver II
Texture could be smoother
Rating ¡V 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis