Whenever someone asks what they should be looking for in a power supply I generally tell them to get a well built PSU from a reliable manufacturer and buy as much power as you can afford. The reasoning is simple; modern computer systems, particularly those that are considered enthusiast builds, take always needing more power than even a few months ago. Most of the power requirements come from the graphics adapter(s), but with more folks looking at alternative cooling, there is an even greater need for that extra few watts.
The IKONIK Vulcan 1200 offers a lot of power with a massive 12v rail subsystem. This allows for a multitude of possibilities including a tri-power video card setup or even a Peltier cooling system without the need to have a separate power source for the high-end stuff. The hefty capabilities of this product also give you some growing room for those next generation video cards that will need even more power.
Features also play an important role in your purchasing decision and the Vulcan doesn't lack in this area either. While we have come to expect the 140mm fan and mesh covers on the wiring harnesses in a high end power supply, the addition of a modular design and the easy out Molex connectors help round out the unit nicely. Another feature of note was that extra little toggle switch that allows you to easily disable the LED lighting of the fan. Many power supplies come with lighting, but this is the first that I have come across that lets you turn it off.
As far as availability is concerned, this area is a bit limited at the present time since it is a brand new release. MSRP has been set in the realm of $330US, so falls roughly in the middle of the price range for similarly equipped products. Also of note is that the IKONIK Vulcan 1200 has the 80+ certification, is nVidia SLI Ready and includes Active PFC.
Overall, the IKONIK is a very worthy power supply and deserves your consideration when it comes time for your next upgrade. With a monstrous 12v rail, power to spare and a workable price tag, it has everything you will need and probably more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent