It seems that AMD may finally be putting the K8 to bed, and we can only hope so, there really isn't a need for two architectures on the same platform.
Yes, Intel has Core 2 and Core i7 however they are totally different architectures, K8 and K10 are drop in replacements, and with AMD already lowering the price of Phenom cores to become more competitive compared to Intel, K8 really doesn't seem so attractive.
AMD's finally introduced the dual-core Phenom they were promising since the launch of the X3, it may not have the Phenom name, but a rose by any other name is still as sweet.
AMD has simply given the 7000 series the Athlon name while using only two cores of the Phenom variety clocking them with slower Northbridge speeds. It's a definite winner, especially since they now support DDR2-1066 memory using the Phenom specs along with Hyper Transport 3.0, AMD really has pulled its socks up, but is it too late?
Especially with the release of the 45nm processor imminent, AMD may be only putting in a stop gap CPU.
As far as pricing goes, AMD expect the Athlon X2 7750 BE to retail for about $79 USD, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. If so, it's going to make this a rather attractive option for users on a budget where massive performance isn't of all importance. If the pricing information we were given is accurate, it will make this new entry level processor from AMD well cheaper than the cheapest Core 2 Duo from Intel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X pre-orders available now
- 100 games will be enhanced on Xbox One X
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes