It seems that AMD may finally be putting the K8 to bed, and we can only hope so, there really isn't a need for two architectures on the same platform.
Yes, Intel has Core 2 and Core i7 however they are totally different architectures, K8 and K10 are drop in replacements, and with AMD already lowering the price of Phenom cores to become more competitive compared to Intel, K8 really doesn't seem so attractive.
AMD's finally introduced the dual-core Phenom they were promising since the launch of the X3, it may not have the Phenom name, but a rose by any other name is still as sweet.
AMD has simply given the 7000 series the Athlon name while using only two cores of the Phenom variety clocking them with slower Northbridge speeds. It's a definite winner, especially since they now support DDR2-1066 memory using the Phenom specs along with Hyper Transport 3.0, AMD really has pulled its socks up, but is it too late?
Especially with the release of the 45nm processor imminent, AMD may be only putting in a stop gap CPU.
As far as pricing goes, AMD expect the Athlon X2 7750 BE to retail for about $79 USD, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. If so, it's going to make this a rather attractive option for users on a budget where massive performance isn't of all importance. If the pricing information we were given is accurate, it will make this new entry level processor from AMD well cheaper than the cheapest Core 2 Duo from Intel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset