AMD has had a rocky start to its latest architectural update. K10 has had its major downs, suffering the TLB bug in the B1 and B2 stepping cores. When they were first introduced to market, they were the plague CPU; as in, every one avoided them like the plague! - It took many months for AMD to write this problem out, but B3 promised a fix and eventually delivered.
Phenom really didn't deliver what AMD was hoping, in fact it was clock for clock well behind the 8 ball compared to Intel's Core 2 Duo. While Phenom wasn't able to compete on the enthusiast platform, AMD has kept things interesting with its prices, trying to undercut Intel at every chance they can, and quite rightly so, a quad-core Phenom X4 can be had for almost nothing these days.
While it wasn't the success that AMD really wanted, it wasn't a monumental failure; Phenom delivers more processing power per core than a similarly clocked K8 processor, which is impressive none the less.
Today we have been sent the latest update to the Athlon 64 family in the way of the Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition clocked at 2.7GHz and unlocked.
Read on as we take a look how it performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix to spend $7 billion on content in 2018
- Intel's next-gen Ice Lake CPUs announced SUPER EARLY
- Destiny 2's new 4K trailer: PC master race goodness
- ADATA unleashes XPG SX9000 NVMe M.2 SSD: 2.8GB/sec reads
- AMD's new driver for Vega, improves mining performance
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes