Fingers of Steel
I'm assuming they supply replacements in different colours so that you can pull up your keys most used in game and give them a slightly different colouring to make it easier to distinguish. Either that or they assume you're so heavy handed you're likely to wear them out in a matter of months!
Talking about heavy handed, this is a keyboard based on the popular Cherry Mx series switches underneath the laser etched keys. These ain't no micro-switches like your momma uses! These babies need a solid depress in order to make the connection, which is great because your number of accidental keystrokes is reduced significantly.
The switches themselves are rated to approximately 50 to 60 million keystrokes, so there's no chance of wearing them out before you have developed carpal tunnel and your fingers have been reduced to stubs.
Moving on to the wrist rest; I want other manufacturers to read this and take heed. This is how you do a wrist rest! - Notice the embossed logo is off to one side, well clear of the part where your wrist rests on the slope. When the rest is not in use there are a couple of tabs that can be inserted into the back of the keyboard and locked in place to keep the profile of the keyboard flush.
Removing the tabs, we can see a solid clip device that holds the tabs in two places, not just one, adding to the security of the system. When the rest is clipped in place and the tabs stowed with the replacement keys, you will notice it flaps around a bit. There is a very good reason for this; it folds back underneath the keyboard itself to be stowed when in transit. Very clever!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017