Core i7 is truly the way that the CPU market will be leaning over the next few months. While Core 2 will get a few refreshes, it's certain that Intel will soon ramp up with Core i7, introducing new models, higher clock speeds and inevitably better prices to make it more attractive.
Where Core i7 really gets a lot of its power from is the triple channel memory controller and while we have shown that even dual channel keeps it happy, there is no better feeling than stuffing it with more memory bandwidth than it knows what to do with. Having said that, A-DATA provides an extremely impressive kit here for your consideration.
Compared to the Corsair 6GB kit, while it's half the size, it's also cheaper. DDR3 still costs more than DDR2 but we soon hope to see this change. The other major advantage of this kit is that being only 3GB in size allows it to fit within the 32-bit OS usable memory window. 4GB and above needs a 64-bit OS to take advantage of any extra memory, so you're safe for XP and Vista 32-bit here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup