Core i7 is truly the way that the CPU market will be leaning over the next few months. While Core 2 will get a few refreshes, it's certain that Intel will soon ramp up with Core i7, introducing new models, higher clock speeds and inevitably better prices to make it more attractive.
Where Core i7 really gets a lot of its power from is the triple channel memory controller and while we have shown that even dual channel keeps it happy, there is no better feeling than stuffing it with more memory bandwidth than it knows what to do with. Having said that, A-DATA provides an extremely impressive kit here for your consideration.
Compared to the Corsair 6GB kit, while it's half the size, it's also cheaper. DDR3 still costs more than DDR2 but we soon hope to see this change. The other major advantage of this kit is that being only 3GB in size allows it to fit within the 32-bit OS usable memory window. 4GB and above needs a 64-bit OS to take advantage of any extra memory, so you're safe for XP and Vista 32-bit here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS