Compared to our Corsair kit we received last week, the A-DATA Vitesta kit was a full retail offering, so we were given the kit to evaluate which included the package that you will see in your local PC shops.
A-DATA has put the modules in one of the protective blisters that I like to call the 'hand shredder'; this requires you to use a stanley or razor blade to cut them out and usually I either put the blade into my hand, pushing too hard to cut the blister pack or end up not cutting enough to get through and then trying to rip it open which once again subjected my fingers to the full force of opening the package.
Through the front of the package A-DATA gives you a full view of the three memory modules.
Since the front had a plastic blister that allows you to see the modules, there is no need for any pictures of the modules. Rather, a bunch of marketing hype and info are placed on the back; no real specs or anything, just basic company marketing hype to try and convince you A-DATA is the best in its class.
Removing the modules from the package (a very painful affair for me), we get to see the modules in hand. A-DATA has gone with using a red anodized heatspreader to remove the heat from the modules; they are quite attractive to say the least and are standard height DIMMS, so they are quite compact.
A-DATA has placed stickers on each side of the modules. One has the specs on it while the other has a simple hologram logo. The modules that were supplied in the kit were 1GB density, so a total of 3GB in this kit. These modules are rated for 1333 MHz using 7-7-7-20 timings which is quite low. However, its voltage rating is 1.65v to 1.85v. This presents a problem for Core i7 as 1.65v is the max this CPU can officially take without damage to the DRAM controllers; anything above this can result in permanent damage to the CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design