With the package out of the way it's time to get stuck into the card. Pulling it out of the box, you notice just how huge the card is. The biggest stand out point is of course the dual-fan configuration that Palit has opted for.
With the cooler covering the whole card from top to bottom and left to right, there isn't a whole lot to see. We can see a sticker placed on top of the cooler to let you know that it's the Revolution 700 model and we can also see the Palit logo placed on both fans.
Looking around the card some more, we can see at the top we have a 6-pin and 8-pin power connector that is seen on all HD 4870 X2 models. Moving closer to the front we can see a single Crossfire connector which gives you the support to put two of these bad boys together.
Looking at the I/O side of things, Palit as always has done an excellent job of making the card stand out from the competition. Alongside our Dual-Link DVI connector we have a Display Port, HDMI port and standard VGA port. If you run dual DVI monitors, don't worry as you have to remember a HDMI to DVI adapter is included within the package as well. This is also where you see the massive foot print of the card which takes up a grand total of three slots. Running CrossfireX could prove to be a bit of a pain in some cases with two of these cards.
While Palit has overclocked the card, they have decided to just push the memory unfortunately.
As you can see, the core has the default clock of 750MHz, while the 2GB of GDDR5 memory has moved from 900MHz to 950MHz, making it a 3800MHz data rate effectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature & Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.