There isn't a whole lot to the NITRO. Really, the device does exactly what it's supposed to do, so you can't really fault it in that regard. We have to wonder, though, who is really going to want the device? Anyone who really wants to overclock is probably already using something like Rivatuner.
While the device is apparently only for ZOTAC based NVIDIA cards, we had no problems with the device running on our GIGABYTE GTX 280 and we were able to change all clock speeds without any issues. With that said, if you do run into a problem where the FireStorm software spits out an error, if you hold the shift key while pressing the OK button the device will work as it should.
Ultimately, the NITRO is one of those devices which doesn't have anything wrong with it. However, there's just nothing that really stands out. Overclocking these days isn't really a hard task and we're not sure who really wants to have their clocks on display at all times.
It will be interesting to see what ZOTAC do with the device over the coming months. Hopefully we will see it bundled with some of their cards or a newer version come out that offers more features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup