There isn't a whole lot to the NITRO. Really, the device does exactly what it's supposed to do, so you can't really fault it in that regard. We have to wonder, though, who is really going to want the device? Anyone who really wants to overclock is probably already using something like Rivatuner.
While the device is apparently only for ZOTAC based NVIDIA cards, we had no problems with the device running on our GIGABYTE GTX 280 and we were able to change all clock speeds without any issues. With that said, if you do run into a problem where the FireStorm software spits out an error, if you hold the shift key while pressing the OK button the device will work as it should.
Ultimately, the NITRO is one of those devices which doesn't have anything wrong with it. However, there's just nothing that really stands out. Overclocking these days isn't really a hard task and we're not sure who really wants to have their clocks on display at all times.
It will be interesting to see what ZOTAC do with the device over the coming months. Hopefully we will see it bundled with some of their cards or a newer version come out that offers more features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017