Well, this is what P4 and DDR is supposed to be; fast, reliable and fun. VIA has really shown that they not only have the goods, but why they are the leaders in the DDR race. Now I know a few might be wondering about the fact that our results for the P4XB-RA did come out slower than our SiS 645, but we must remember that the SiS board is running the memory at 333MHz while VIA got almost identical scores with 266MHz RAM. When 333MHz is supported by VIA, then we will have ourselves an ever better looking picture. As for the board itself, its layout, speed and stability were well designed. While there were a few gripes, there was nothing to get into a tizzy about
Overclockable for a VIA board
Use of CNR over ACR
No 6th PCI
No USB 2.0
Use of VT8233 over 8233A Southbridge.
Rating - 9/10
You can get the VIA P4XB-RA from BCN Technology, the official Australian distributor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio