Well, this is what P4 and DDR is supposed to be; fast, reliable and fun. VIA has really shown that they not only have the goods, but why they are the leaders in the DDR race. Now I know a few might be wondering about the fact that our results for the P4XB-RA did come out slower than our SiS 645, but we must remember that the SiS board is running the memory at 333MHz while VIA got almost identical scores with 266MHz RAM. When 333MHz is supported by VIA, then we will have ourselves an ever better looking picture. As for the board itself, its layout, speed and stability were well designed. While there were a few gripes, there was nothing to get into a tizzy about
Overclockable for a VIA board
Use of CNR over ACR
No 6th PCI
No USB 2.0
Use of VT8233 over 8233A Southbridge.
Rating - 9/10
You can get the VIA P4XB-RA from BCN Technology, the official Australian distributor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards