Well, this is what P4 and DDR is supposed to be; fast, reliable and fun. VIA has really shown that they not only have the goods, but why they are the leaders in the DDR race. Now I know a few might be wondering about the fact that our results for the P4XB-RA did come out slower than our SiS 645, but we must remember that the SiS board is running the memory at 333MHz while VIA got almost identical scores with 266MHz RAM. When 333MHz is supported by VIA, then we will have ourselves an ever better looking picture. As for the board itself, its layout, speed and stability were well designed. While there were a few gripes, there was nothing to get into a tizzy about
Overclockable for a VIA board
Use of CNR over ACR
No 6th PCI
No USB 2.0
Use of VT8233 over 8233A Southbridge.
Rating - 9/10
You can get the VIA P4XB-RA from BCN Technology, the official Australian distributor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS