VIA Technologies has been one of the biggest manufacturers of motherboard chipsets. Founded in 1987, VIA has achieved a leadership position in the PC core logic chipset market through it's ability to consistently deliver leading-edge technology at reasonable costs. In 1999, VIA was successful with first-to-market implementation of the PC133 SDRAM memory standard on both the Intel Pentium III and AMD Athlon processor platforms. In the year 2000, VIA proceeded with a joint venture with S3 Graphics to acquire the S3 Savage graphics core. This video core was integrated into many of VIA's cost-effective solutions such as the PM133 and KM133. In 2001, VIA consolidated this success by leading the introduction of DDR SDRAM support for Intel Pentium III, Intel Pentium 4 and AMD Athlon processor platforms.
Due to legal battles between VIA and Intel over licensing agreements of VIA's P4 DDR solution (the P4X266), VIA announced the formation of the VIA Platform Solutions Division or VPSD as we know it in October 2001. This new division was charged with producing VIA chipset based motherboards for all platforms, but so far only Pentium 4 solutions have come out of the VPSD. Today, thanks to VIAARENA, we have our hands on the VPSD flagship; the P4XB-RA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- LG is investing billions of dollars into OLED production
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis