VIA Technologies has been one of the biggest manufacturers of motherboard chipsets. Founded in 1987, VIA has achieved a leadership position in the PC core logic chipset market through it's ability to consistently deliver leading-edge technology at reasonable costs. In 1999, VIA was successful with first-to-market implementation of the PC133 SDRAM memory standard on both the Intel Pentium III and AMD Athlon processor platforms. In the year 2000, VIA proceeded with a joint venture with S3 Graphics to acquire the S3 Savage graphics core. This video core was integrated into many of VIA's cost-effective solutions such as the PM133 and KM133. In 2001, VIA consolidated this success by leading the introduction of DDR SDRAM support for Intel Pentium III, Intel Pentium 4 and AMD Athlon processor platforms.
Due to legal battles between VIA and Intel over licensing agreements of VIA's P4 DDR solution (the P4X266), VIA announced the formation of the VIA Platform Solutions Division or VPSD as we know it in October 2001. This new division was charged with producing VIA chipset based motherboards for all platforms, but so far only Pentium 4 solutions have come out of the VPSD. Today, thanks to VIAARENA, we have our hands on the VPSD flagship; the P4XB-RA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio