VIA Technologies has been one of the biggest manufacturers of motherboard chipsets. Founded in 1987, VIA has achieved a leadership position in the PC core logic chipset market through it's ability to consistently deliver leading-edge technology at reasonable costs. In 1999, VIA was successful with first-to-market implementation of the PC133 SDRAM memory standard on both the Intel Pentium III and AMD Athlon processor platforms. In the year 2000, VIA proceeded with a joint venture with S3 Graphics to acquire the S3 Savage graphics core. This video core was integrated into many of VIA's cost-effective solutions such as the PM133 and KM133. In 2001, VIA consolidated this success by leading the introduction of DDR SDRAM support for Intel Pentium III, Intel Pentium 4 and AMD Athlon processor platforms.
Due to legal battles between VIA and Intel over licensing agreements of VIA's P4 DDR solution (the P4X266), VIA announced the formation of the VIA Platform Solutions Division or VPSD as we know it in October 2001. This new division was charged with producing VIA chipset based motherboards for all platforms, but so far only Pentium 4 solutions have come out of the VPSD. Today, thanks to VIAARENA, we have our hands on the VPSD flagship; the P4XB-RA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FreeSync coming to mid-range HP laptops later this year
- iOS 9.3 beta 3 is out, adds Verizon Wi-Fi Calling, CarPlay features
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance