With the early nature of the kit we received, Corsair didn't supply any retail packaging. In fact, these were the modules we used for our initial Core i7 processor review. While they came in protective blisters, these aren't what the retail market will see them shipped with. For this reason we didn't take any pictures as we don't want to confuse you.
The modules sprout the DHX memory heatspreader designed for maximum cooling, allowing for even the smallest air flow profile to help cool the modules. The raised fins on the top allow for the heat to be transmitted away from the modules and up higher; this keeps the memory cells cooler and allows for higher clock speeds. When combined with the Dominator fan unit you can keep the modules even cooler.
On one side of each module Corsair placed a sticker with the specs. The kit sent to us comprised of three memory modules with 2GB capacity, totalling 6GB. Speed wise, they are rated for 1600MHz using an 8-8-8-24 timing profile and a maximum voltage of 1.65.
Now, while these modules are based around the same cells that we have seen do 1.9v or 2.0v, Corsair has tuned them down and for a good reason. Intel has stated that the on-die memory controller gets its power from the QPI voltage rail and this is limited to 1.65v. If you attempt to go above this you risk permanent damage to the memory and QPI, rendering the CPU totally useless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99