While this heatsink isn't the best on the market, it does manage to keep your system at a very tolerable temperature even when you try to torture it. Add to this the reasonably quiet noise levels of the fan and a retention system that will make you drool, and you've got a good choice for some good cooling.
But I am still just a little concerned about the copper core of the sink not being centered over the processor. While it doesn't seem to hinder the performance, it just doesn't seem quite right. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that once this manufacturing flaw is worked out of the unit, that it may even cool better than before!
Price wise, the Dr. Thermal line is right in the ballpark of other coolers. It's priced at US$29, so is not overly expensive. I would prefer to see the YS Tech fan on this cooler, but that is really a small thing.
Bottom line...If you're looking for a cooler that is capable of handling the workload of an aggressively overclocked system, and also like the idea of never having to be afraid of cracking the core again, then take a look at this heatsink. It can handle the hot work and the retention system is a dream come true.
Retention system is outstanding
No fan grill
Heatsink not centered over processor core
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Ronda Rousey's 'Road House' remake finds its director
- Square Enix could crowdfund the localization of its Japanese games
- DICE adds three new modes, $50 season pass to Star Wars Battlefront
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case
- eee 1000H BIOS stuck + BIOS flash problems
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 NFC/Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS
- GELID Announces the GC-Pro Thermal Compound