While this heatsink isn't the best on the market, it does manage to keep your system at a very tolerable temperature even when you try to torture it. Add to this the reasonably quiet noise levels of the fan and a retention system that will make you drool, and you've got a good choice for some good cooling.
But I am still just a little concerned about the copper core of the sink not being centered over the processor. While it doesn't seem to hinder the performance, it just doesn't seem quite right. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that once this manufacturing flaw is worked out of the unit, that it may even cool better than before!
Price wise, the Dr. Thermal line is right in the ballpark of other coolers. It's priced at US$29, so is not overly expensive. I would prefer to see the YS Tech fan on this cooler, but that is really a small thing.
Bottom line...If you're looking for a cooler that is capable of handling the workload of an aggressively overclocked system, and also like the idea of never having to be afraid of cracking the core again, then take a look at this heatsink. It can handle the hot work and the retention system is a dream come true.
Retention system is outstanding
No fan grill
Heatsink not centered over processor core
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analyst expects mobile app store revenue to hit $100 billion by 2020
- Unity announces SteamVR support, now works on the HTC Vive
- P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- Fox greenlights 'Deadpool' sequel before release of first
- Oculus founder says Rift pre-orders far outweigh dev kit orders
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance