While this heatsink isn't the best on the market, it does manage to keep your system at a very tolerable temperature even when you try to torture it. Add to this the reasonably quiet noise levels of the fan and a retention system that will make you drool, and you've got a good choice for some good cooling.
But I am still just a little concerned about the copper core of the sink not being centered over the processor. While it doesn't seem to hinder the performance, it just doesn't seem quite right. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that once this manufacturing flaw is worked out of the unit, that it may even cool better than before!
Price wise, the Dr. Thermal line is right in the ballpark of other coolers. It's priced at US$29, so is not overly expensive. I would prefer to see the YS Tech fan on this cooler, but that is really a small thing.
Bottom line...If you're looking for a cooler that is capable of handling the workload of an aggressively overclocked system, and also like the idea of never having to be afraid of cracking the core again, then take a look at this heatsink. It can handle the hot work and the retention system is a dream come true.
Retention system is outstanding
No fan grill
Heatsink not centered over processor core
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand