While this heatsink isn't the best on the market, it does manage to keep your system at a very tolerable temperature even when you try to torture it. Add to this the reasonably quiet noise levels of the fan and a retention system that will make you drool, and you've got a good choice for some good cooling.
But I am still just a little concerned about the copper core of the sink not being centered over the processor. While it doesn't seem to hinder the performance, it just doesn't seem quite right. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that once this manufacturing flaw is worked out of the unit, that it may even cool better than before!
Price wise, the Dr. Thermal line is right in the ballpark of other coolers. It's priced at US$29, so is not overly expensive. I would prefer to see the YS Tech fan on this cooler, but that is really a small thing.
Bottom line...If you're looking for a cooler that is capable of handling the workload of an aggressively overclocked system, and also like the idea of never having to be afraid of cracking the core again, then take a look at this heatsink. It can handle the hot work and the retention system is a dream come true.
Retention system is outstanding
No fan grill
Heatsink not centered over processor core
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni