Delving deeper into the range
Bass performance is respectable from the 25 watt 5" subwoofer. While not going particularly deep or loud like a subwoofer should, it does produce 'some' bass, which is good to report here.
Volume control ranges from zero to maximum with zero being more like the max and the actual max being really quite unusable, akin to a squirrel trying to claw its way out of the bass unit. So let us exercise caution when adjusting bass.
On another note, for a small environment where as a gamer you simply need to hear what's going on around you on a dedicated 5.1 system, I think this system could provide, as a gamer does not need a speaker to have good timbre to the sound or produce a subtle upper range with neutrality across the spectrum. They want to hear how far away the enemy is, via the fantastic 3D positioning technology available these days thanks to the immensely involved EAX algorithms used to position individual sounds within an artificially created 3D environment.
So, from the point of view a gamer has, why not? These speakers can do all of that and they have 'enough' power for this use. To support this theory I was in EB games the other day, which is a dedicated gaming franchise and the only system they had in store were these. Yep, that's right and they were going for $70 which is a steal and leaves plenty of change for that much needed GPU upgrade.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- Verizon reportedly buying Yahoo for $5 billion
- Apple's new iPhone 7 to be unveiled in early September
- Watch all of the best Comic-Con trailers right here
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta architecture could arrive in May 2017
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard