Delving deeper into the range
Bass performance is respectable from the 25 watt 5" subwoofer. While not going particularly deep or loud like a subwoofer should, it does produce 'some' bass, which is good to report here.
Volume control ranges from zero to maximum with zero being more like the max and the actual max being really quite unusable, akin to a squirrel trying to claw its way out of the bass unit. So let us exercise caution when adjusting bass.
On another note, for a small environment where as a gamer you simply need to hear what's going on around you on a dedicated 5.1 system, I think this system could provide, as a gamer does not need a speaker to have good timbre to the sound or produce a subtle upper range with neutrality across the spectrum. They want to hear how far away the enemy is, via the fantastic 3D positioning technology available these days thanks to the immensely involved EAX algorithms used to position individual sounds within an artificially created 3D environment.
So, from the point of view a gamer has, why not? These speakers can do all of that and they have 'enough' power for this use. To support this theory I was in EB games the other day, which is a dedicated gaming franchise and the only system they had in store were these. Yep, that's right and they were going for $70 which is a steal and leaves plenty of change for that much needed GPU upgrade.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now