For the purposes of testing I have several systems around my home to provide an adequate representation of where these speakers stand, all things considered. I think that when evaluating speakers in general, it's a very good idea to try and listen to the same piece of music through several different systems.
In fact, owning a 'test' CD that is known to the listener like the back of his/her hand can be a usual thing when testing speakers because it will soon become apparent as to what strengths and weaknesses are evident across different systems.
Of course, this is the challenge of a good engineer, to be able to produce a mix that sounds good on anything from $100-$10,000 which is a far harder task than one might've first imagined.
My current test bed features an ASUS Xonar sound board and also an Auzentech Prelude based on Creative labs X-Fi chip, all running the latest drivers for XP Pro. I also use Winamp and PowerDVD for testing.
Generally speaking, the VS3251 is a rather bright chirpy system that takes quite instantly to vocal work and brings out human voices very well. This is probably due to the full range drivers here being better suited and more 'at home' within the 1-5KHz range that the human voice falls into.
Unfortunately, I cannot simply say that the rest of the frequency spectrum is brought out equally here, as there is a real hump around the aforementioned range, heavily contributing to the sound being completely devoid of any timbre and tonality, so to speak.
To illustrate; try and imagine those annoying megaphones we all remember from the high school days that would cut through us like a knife through butter and leave our ears a little worse for wear.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream