Setup and Technical Overview
The VS3251 system is an analog 5.1 channel system consisting of five small speakers, each with a 2.5" full range cone enclosed within a sturdy molded plastic shell. To complement these we have a 5" medium sized subwoofer unit, which is of the front firing long throw breed enclosed within an MDF box, with the use of MDF being to increase tonal accuracy and natural resonance within the unit.
As is the case with most systems like this, the amp is housed within the sub unit and is good for 70 watts RMS all up, with 9 watts being sent to each speaker and 25 watts to the subwoofer unit. There are no detailed specs on amp choice and design listed with the product.
Frequency response figures are given as 40Hz-17KHz (-10db) with the minus ten meaning that anywhere within that range of 40Hz through until 17000 the signal may be attenuated by up to 10db, which is quite a lot. As a reference; figures are usually given with 'plus or minus' of 3db, so AL have generously given themselves an extra 7db of breathing room with those figures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015