Just last week I declared the Patriot Warp V2 to be the fastest consumer drive I have tested to date and gave the drive TweakTown's Best performance Award. To be honest, had these two products been reviewed in reverse order it would have been difficult to award the Warp V2 since the Value for Money category would have scored quite a bit less.
Here we are, just one week after looking at the Warp V2 that cost over 350 Dollars (after MIR) and see that the G.Skill FM-25S2-128GB performs just as well and is nearly 115 Dollars cheaper. I have to hand it to G.Skill for having the courage to take on the market and put out such a remarkable drive and undercut the competition by such a large margin. It would have been easy for G.Skill to undercut the others by 20, 30 or 40 Dollars and still have the same product and bank the extra money, but they went to the mattresses with the FM-25S2-128GB and set a new price performance standard. This was also the case with the G.Skill SLC drive we looked at a couple of weeks ago, G.Skill was able to out price the competitors.
Looking at the new FM-25S2-128GB, it is difficult not to tell everyone to run out and buy one of these drives right now. Even desktop users should take note at the performance and price. The FM-25S2-128GB is a great drive for notebooks, but it would make a good drive for the desktop as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance