Just last week I declared the Patriot Warp V2 to be the fastest consumer drive I have tested to date and gave the drive TweakTown's Best performance Award. To be honest, had these two products been reviewed in reverse order it would have been difficult to award the Warp V2 since the Value for Money category would have scored quite a bit less.
Here we are, just one week after looking at the Warp V2 that cost over 350 Dollars (after MIR) and see that the G.Skill FM-25S2-128GB performs just as well and is nearly 115 Dollars cheaper. I have to hand it to G.Skill for having the courage to take on the market and put out such a remarkable drive and undercut the competition by such a large margin. It would have been easy for G.Skill to undercut the others by 20, 30 or 40 Dollars and still have the same product and bank the extra money, but they went to the mattresses with the FM-25S2-128GB and set a new price performance standard. This was also the case with the G.Skill SLC drive we looked at a couple of weeks ago, G.Skill was able to out price the competitors.
Looking at the new FM-25S2-128GB, it is difficult not to tell everyone to run out and buy one of these drives right now. Even desktop users should take note at the performance and price. The FM-25S2-128GB is a great drive for notebooks, but it would make a good drive for the desktop as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched