Thermaltake's new VI-ON shows remarkable promise in a world of brushed aluminum and cheap vacuum molded enclosures. The finish is beautiful, but until Thermaltake is able to reformulate the plastic to be more durable, I can't recommend the VI-ON 2.5" for its looks since even removing it from the box can scratch the finish. I couldn't even imagine what it would look like after a day in my wifes hand bag or my backpack.
When it comes to speed, the Thermaltake VI-ON maxes out the USB 2.0 interface with ease. Read and Write speeds are in the top 1% of all USB enclosures I have tested.
When it comes to cost, the Thermaltake VI-ON is spot on for a powerless 2.5" USB enclosure. Unfortunately for Thermaltake there are several of these enclosures on the market for the same price, many without durability issues.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter