Thermaltake's new VI-ON shows remarkable promise in a world of brushed aluminum and cheap vacuum molded enclosures. The finish is beautiful, but until Thermaltake is able to reformulate the plastic to be more durable, I can't recommend the VI-ON 2.5" for its looks since even removing it from the box can scratch the finish. I couldn't even imagine what it would look like after a day in my wifes hand bag or my backpack.
When it comes to speed, the Thermaltake VI-ON maxes out the USB 2.0 interface with ease. Read and Write speeds are in the top 1% of all USB enclosures I have tested.
When it comes to cost, the Thermaltake VI-ON is spot on for a powerless 2.5" USB enclosure. Unfortunately for Thermaltake there are several of these enclosures on the market for the same price, many without durability issues.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup