Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The first thing that you will notice is the size of the enclosure. 2.5 inch notebook drives are just that, 2.5 inches, but the Thermaltake VI-ON is quite a bit larger, almost as large as a 3.5 inch drive. With everything together, the VI-ON weighs less than most 3.5 inch drives, but it is still rather bulky.
The VI-ON uses the aging USB 2.0 specification, but there really isn't anything Thermaltake can do about that since most motherboard manufacturers have all but dropped FireWire 800 and USB 3.0 is not available yet. eSATA is always an option, but from what I have observed it isn't getting the love it deserves outside of the enthusiast community.
Using the TweakTown Shopping Network I was able to find the VI-ON 2.5" like we are looking at today for a little over 25 U.S.D. which is a little less than the MSRP which is set at 29.99. Thermaltake has a really good network of distributors and retail / e-tail partners, so finding a white or black model shouldn't be a problem.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform