Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The first thing that you will notice is the size of the enclosure. 2.5 inch notebook drives are just that, 2.5 inches, but the Thermaltake VI-ON is quite a bit larger, almost as large as a 3.5 inch drive. With everything together, the VI-ON weighs less than most 3.5 inch drives, but it is still rather bulky.
The VI-ON uses the aging USB 2.0 specification, but there really isn't anything Thermaltake can do about that since most motherboard manufacturers have all but dropped FireWire 800 and USB 3.0 is not available yet. eSATA is always an option, but from what I have observed it isn't getting the love it deserves outside of the enthusiast community.
Using the TweakTown Shopping Network I was able to find the VI-ON 2.5" like we are looking at today for a little over 25 U.S.D. which is a little less than the MSRP which is set at 29.99. Thermaltake has a really good network of distributors and retail / e-tail partners, so finding a white or black model shouldn't be a problem.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch all of the best Comic-Con trailers right here
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta architecture could arrive in May 2017
- SAPPHIRE's new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 leaked photos surface
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard