Here we have the CPU-Z details of our two stars. Unfortunately, our choice of board prevented any overclocking. Even the Intel board didn't allow for much leeway, apart from multiplier changes. The GIGABYTE board wouldn't allow us to raise the FSB above standard; any settings other than stock would cause endless BIOS loops and required CMOS resetting.
So, now that is said and done, we'll have a look at the CPUs themselves. From the data between the two, we can see that both the standard Core i7 920 and Extreme Edition 965 share the same core, only the Extreme gets a 540MHz bump in clock speed. Also, to help get the Extreme Edition further ahead, it uses a 3.2GHz clocked QPI link, while the 2.66GHz uses a 2.4GHz clocked QPI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel Nehalem Architecture]
- Page 3 [Intel Core i7 Platform]
- Page 4 [Intel Core i7 Platform - Continued]
- Page 5 [CPU-Z Details]
- Page 6 [Test System Setups]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Super Pi]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! spotted, a new record breaker?
- PS4K upgrades 'absolutely' required to run VR on PS4 says, dev
- No Man's Sky possibly delayed to August
- Xbox and Windows are merging under Microsoft's Project Helix strategy
- CRYENGINE goes open source, now available for download
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition