Here we have the CPU-Z details of our two stars. Unfortunately, our choice of board prevented any overclocking. Even the Intel board didn't allow for much leeway, apart from multiplier changes. The GIGABYTE board wouldn't allow us to raise the FSB above standard; any settings other than stock would cause endless BIOS loops and required CMOS resetting.
So, now that is said and done, we'll have a look at the CPUs themselves. From the data between the two, we can see that both the standard Core i7 920 and Extreme Edition 965 share the same core, only the Extreme gets a 540MHz bump in clock speed. Also, to help get the Extreme Edition further ahead, it uses a 3.2GHz clocked QPI link, while the 2.66GHz uses a 2.4GHz clocked QPI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel Nehalem Architecture]
- Page 3 [Intel Core i7 Platform]
- Page 4 [Intel Core i7 Platform - Continued]
- Page 5 [CPU-Z Details]
- Page 6 [Test System Setups]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Super Pi]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD