Package and Contents
While this is actually a review of the chipset itself and not so much the board, we decided to have a basic look at the feature set that the board comes with. The board was supplied by ASUS. ASUS' design for the boxes is like Intel based CPU boxes, using a deep blue colour. On the front the ASUS logo along with the board model can be seen as well as quite a few other logos and marketing hype.
On the back of the box ASUS has its spec list, features list and marketing hype on the 9300 chipset that the board uses. For a budget/value board, we weren't expecting to see a colour photo of the board. However, on the upper right ASUS has supplied us with one, so if you're a bargain hunter who also wants to know what you're getting before you open the box, you're going to be happy here.
As usual ASUS provides a good software and documentation bundle. The user manual is coloured the same as the box; the same deep blue. The user manual contains quite a bit of info on the specs, hardware setup, BIOS setup and software on the driver disk. The Drivers DVD contains drivers for XP and Vista in both 32-bit and 64-bit variations. There are no Linux or alternate OS supporting drivers included.
Lastly is the accessories and ASUS only provides a single IDE and SATA data cable along with the ASUS Q-Connect header ports. This is a very liberal bundle, so if you want to run more than one SATA port you're going to need to purchase more cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20