Package and Contents
GIGABYTE's package design for the 4 series chipsets is almost identical across the board. The base colour is white with green overtones and some nice artwork on the front. There is the GIGABYTE logo along with the board model number and chipset. CPU support logos also adorn the front.
On the back GIGABYTE has put a lot of info on the DES Advanced, Ultra Durable 2 and VRD11.1 technologies along with other marketing info that you expect to see. However, there is no colour photo of the board which we would like to have seen, even though this isn't an extreme board.
GIGABYTE includes a total of four manuals; the first and foremost is the user manual for the board, then a quick install guide, a CPU installation manual and ICH10R user manual. By far this is the most amount of manuals we have seen. The included DVD contains Windows XP and Vista drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit OSs along with antivirus software, the DES Advanced control panel and Easy Tune 6 tweaking utility as well as a few other misc tools.
On the accessories side GIGABYTE has toned it down a little compared to what you get in the extreme packages. For the storage side of things there are four of GIGABYTE's special SATA cables with locking tabs at each end to prevent them from coming loose during transport, or when you're fooling around inside your case. I can't remember how many times I have installed some memory or something else inside the system and found I have accidently pulled the SATA cable out of either the board or the drive.
To complete the round-up, there are two ribbon cables, one for the single FDD support and an IDE cable with two drive support. Next on the list is a PCI cover bracket with two SATA to eSATA ports. This allows you to steal one or two SATA ports from the internal headers and turn them into eSATA ports, if this is what your require.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications