To be as frank as I possibly can, the P43 chipset really doesn't do anything special for us. Intel already has a high-end chipset with the X48 along with full speed CrossfireX support. And the P45 with its split 8/8 design makes a good chipset for the enthusiast and mid-range market. The P43 just seems like another chipset Intel wants to push to make more money.
If this had an IGP or something in it then we would think it worth another name. Put clearly, it's just a cut down P45. The P43 chipset itself isn't that much cheaper than P45, meaning that you're still going to be shelling out close to what a base line P45 board would cost you and P45 will give you true Crossfire support where P43 uses the older and slower 16/4 design, providing the board even has two x16 slots.
GIGABYTE's EP43-DS3R board, however, is extremely well designed for a mid-range board. But the P43 chipset simply doesn't do much for us; you would be better off with a P45 board if you want this board for Crossfire. The EP45-DS3R would be a far better option, especially since they aren't that much different in price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD