Let's knock the OEM / ODM thing out first. There are several companies that are selling the Samsung drive, including Samsung. This is common in the computer hardware world and easy to sort out for the end user and hardware reviewer. Basically, what the end user will want to do is, if the product is deserving, purchase the one that has the lowest cost and the longest warranty. Luckily the G.Skill variant has the lowest cost when compared to the Samsung and OCZ drives and by a large amount.
When it comes to performance the G.Skill SLC based drive is the benchmark in which all others should be compared. The drive is fast in all of our benchmarks, a task that is not exactly easy to do, as we proved in the Crucial SLC review. It isn't going to matter if you are running a large database or installing this drive in your notebook, the drive is simply fast and everything you run off of it will benefit from faster load times and overall "snappiness".
The only real downfall is in the price. Just as SSDs are guaranteed to have very low access times, they are also guaranteed to cost more per Gigabyte them their platter based competitors. To extend that, the SLC drives cost a great deal more than the MLC drives but offer a longer lifespan and in most cases faster performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood