Let's knock the OEM / ODM thing out first. There are several companies that are selling the Samsung drive, including Samsung. This is common in the computer hardware world and easy to sort out for the end user and hardware reviewer. Basically, what the end user will want to do is, if the product is deserving, purchase the one that has the lowest cost and the longest warranty. Luckily the G.Skill variant has the lowest cost when compared to the Samsung and OCZ drives and by a large amount.
When it comes to performance the G.Skill SLC based drive is the benchmark in which all others should be compared. The drive is fast in all of our benchmarks, a task that is not exactly easy to do, as we proved in the Crucial SLC review. It isn't going to matter if you are running a large database or installing this drive in your notebook, the drive is simply fast and everything you run off of it will benefit from faster load times and overall "snappiness".
The only real downfall is in the price. Just as SSDs are guaranteed to have very low access times, they are also guaranteed to cost more per Gigabyte them their platter based competitors. To extend that, the SLC drives cost a great deal more than the MLC drives but offer a longer lifespan and in most cases faster performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now