Let's knock the OEM / ODM thing out first. There are several companies that are selling the Samsung drive, including Samsung. This is common in the computer hardware world and easy to sort out for the end user and hardware reviewer. Basically, what the end user will want to do is, if the product is deserving, purchase the one that has the lowest cost and the longest warranty. Luckily the G.Skill variant has the lowest cost when compared to the Samsung and OCZ drives and by a large amount.
When it comes to performance the G.Skill SLC based drive is the benchmark in which all others should be compared. The drive is fast in all of our benchmarks, a task that is not exactly easy to do, as we proved in the Crucial SLC review. It isn't going to matter if you are running a large database or installing this drive in your notebook, the drive is simply fast and everything you run off of it will benefit from faster load times and overall "snappiness".
The only real downfall is in the price. Just as SSDs are guaranteed to have very low access times, they are also guaranteed to cost more per Gigabyte them their platter based competitors. To extend that, the SLC drives cost a great deal more than the MLC drives but offer a longer lifespan and in most cases faster performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched