Let's knock the OEM / ODM thing out first. There are several companies that are selling the Samsung drive, including Samsung. This is common in the computer hardware world and easy to sort out for the end user and hardware reviewer. Basically, what the end user will want to do is, if the product is deserving, purchase the one that has the lowest cost and the longest warranty. Luckily the G.Skill variant has the lowest cost when compared to the Samsung and OCZ drives and by a large amount.
When it comes to performance the G.Skill SLC based drive is the benchmark in which all others should be compared. The drive is fast in all of our benchmarks, a task that is not exactly easy to do, as we proved in the Crucial SLC review. It isn't going to matter if you are running a large database or installing this drive in your notebook, the drive is simply fast and everything you run off of it will benefit from faster load times and overall "snappiness".
The only real downfall is in the price. Just as SSDs are guaranteed to have very low access times, they are also guaranteed to cost more per Gigabyte them their platter based competitors. To extend that, the SLC drives cost a great deal more than the MLC drives but offer a longer lifespan and in most cases faster performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand