Shocked? Me too, so shocked by the low performance in real world testing that I ran the Crucial CT32GBFAB0 on several systems and came up with the same results, every time. At that point I spent a considerable amount of time looking around the web at various reviews of the same drive to see if others were getting the same performance. The results of my search were also just as shocking; time after time the Crucial CT32GBFAB0 received praise and awards from just about every one of the reviews that I read. All of these reviews were based off of simple "Read / Write" tests with absolutely no real world application other than forum bragging rights to a number that has been proven time and time again to mean absolutely nothing.
The good news is that the CT32GBFAB0 is Crucial's first run at an SSD offering. There are a few other companies that are on their third and fourth SSD release with many trial and error sessions in their first two generation products. Crucial and their parent company Lexar have already announced their follow up solid state drives that we should see before the holidays. The claimed speed of the new drive is comparable to the fastest drives on the market now which are solely marketed for enterprise users and carry an enterprise price. Hopefully Crucial is able to keep their new drives price as low as the CT32GBFAB0 and it should be a great product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Crucial CT32GBFAB0]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse