Now it's onto the BIOS. ZOTAC is using the Award 6 Modular BIOS that we are all accustomed to. The blue screen greets us and to find the overclocking options you need to visit the Frequency/Voltage control menu.
FSB (QDR): 400 - 2500 in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR): 400 - 1400MHz in 1MHz Increments
NB Voltage: 1.3v to 1.6v in 0.05v Increments
Unfortunately, while the frequency options are there, voltage tweaks are totally missing. Only a NB voltage option exists. There's also no CPU multiplier access, so you're stuck with the default multiplier of your CPU.
Being an NVIDIA mGPU, tweaks are needed and couldn't be made, so we could only get up to 345 MHz before the system would no longer post. We also put our QX9770 in to see if it would work at 400MHz FSB. Unfortunately the system refused to post with this CPU, so 400MHz FSB CPUs are out of the question.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now