Now it's onto the board itself. Being a Mini-ITX based design we should be able to rap this up pretty quick. ZOTAC has gone for a black PCB to distinguish it from other Mini-ITX boards currently on the market. While these mostly have Atom or VIA CPU support, the ZOTAC offering supports any LGA775 Core 2 series CPU, apart from the 400MHz FSB models.
The 4-pin power connector is placed behind the PS/2 ports which will make this a bit of a pain to find a case for. Most Mini-ITX cases only have a 20-pin power connector and no Aux power supply, since they are only powering VIA CPUs which are extremely energy efficient compared to the Core 2 lines. Just below the heatsink that cools the single chip 610i MCP are two SATA-II ports for storage connectors. Since its Mini-ITX, there is no extra room for the other two ports unfortunately.
The Mini-ITX board is given a 3 phase voltage regulation system in order to feed the CPU, so it's not going to be an overclocking marvel, that's for sure. The CPU area is clear of high rise components and uses solid state capacitors and ferrite core chokes to help reduce overall power consumption while increasing longevity of the power components.
Now it's onto the rear I/O ports. ZOTAC has followed standard Mini-ITX layout design rules for its rear I/O ports so that it will fit into standard Mini-ITX cases that have integrated I/O shields. We can see that he board has solder points on the board for a DVI-I port, but it's vacant. It would have been nice to see this added for a dual display option.
Lastly, it's the expansion options. Being Mini-ITX it only has a single expansion slot and rather than the older PCI slots we see on VIA Mini-ITX boards, ZOTAC has decided to include a PCIe x1 slot. Personally, I think a x16 slot would have been better for the option of upgrading to a discrete GPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design