Now it's onto the board itself. Being a Mini-ITX based design we should be able to rap this up pretty quick. ZOTAC has gone for a black PCB to distinguish it from other Mini-ITX boards currently on the market. While these mostly have Atom or VIA CPU support, the ZOTAC offering supports any LGA775 Core 2 series CPU, apart from the 400MHz FSB models.
The 4-pin power connector is placed behind the PS/2 ports which will make this a bit of a pain to find a case for. Most Mini-ITX cases only have a 20-pin power connector and no Aux power supply, since they are only powering VIA CPUs which are extremely energy efficient compared to the Core 2 lines. Just below the heatsink that cools the single chip 610i MCP are two SATA-II ports for storage connectors. Since its Mini-ITX, there is no extra room for the other two ports unfortunately.
The Mini-ITX board is given a 3 phase voltage regulation system in order to feed the CPU, so it's not going to be an overclocking marvel, that's for sure. The CPU area is clear of high rise components and uses solid state capacitors and ferrite core chokes to help reduce overall power consumption while increasing longevity of the power components.
Now it's onto the rear I/O ports. ZOTAC has followed standard Mini-ITX layout design rules for its rear I/O ports so that it will fit into standard Mini-ITX cases that have integrated I/O shields. We can see that he board has solder points on the board for a DVI-I port, but it's vacant. It would have been nice to see this added for a dual display option.
Lastly, it's the expansion options. Being Mini-ITX it only has a single expansion slot and rather than the older PCI slots we see on VIA Mini-ITX boards, ZOTAC has decided to include a PCIe x1 slot. Personally, I think a x16 slot would have been better for the option of upgrading to a discrete GPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis