On the BIOS layout scene GIGABYTE uses the same Award 6 "Blue" BIOS they have used for years. However, a major change has been made. Normally we have the Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T) menu on the right hand side of the screen, but on all of the new boards GIGABYTE is releasing, the M.I.T menu is the first menu that is selected on the top left. This is nice to see as this is where we want to go when we are in the BIOS to overclock the system.
CPU Host Frequency: 100 - 1200 MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 150 MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU VCore: 0.50v to 2.3v in 0.00625v increments
CPU Term Voltage: 1.1v to 1.7v in 0.02v increments
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.5v to 2.81v in various increments
CPU Reference: 0.76v to 1.010v in Various increments
MCH Core: 1.1v to 2.0v in 0.02v increments
MCH Reference: 0.76v to 1.040v in Various Increments
MCH/DRAM Reference: 0.9v to 1.76v in 0.02v increments
ICH I/O: 1.5v to 2.31v in 0.02v Increments
ICH Reference: 1.1v to 1.4v in 0.1v increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.45v to 3.02v in 0.02v increments
DRAM Termination: 70.9v to 1.355v in Various increments
Channel A Reference: 0.9v to 1.76v in 0.02v increments
Channel B Reference: 0.9v to 1.76v in 0.02v increments
Overclocking the EP45-UD3P, we found ourselves extremely impressed. With only six voltage rails we didn't expect to see extremely high clock speeds, however GIGABYTE seems to have done a very impressive job with the UD3 design. We managed to press the FSB up to a max speed of 558MHz FSB; that's not far off the EP45 Extreme and ASUS' P5Q. We did have to tweak all of the FSB and CPU voltages a little as well as push DRAM to 2.3v, however, the board remained stable at this speed across all our tests. Pressing to 560MHz caused us lock ups in Premiere Elements 4, so we considered this unstable and 558MHz was our highest FSB; well done GIGABYTE.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience