On to the BIOS section and we see BIOSTAR use a similar design layout to that of which ASUS, ASRock and Intel use; the grey tab menu screen.
In order to access the overclocking options, you need to navigate to the T-Power menu where you can tweak the board to your hearts content.
CPU Frequency: 200 - 600 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
SB to K8 Frequency: 200 to 2000Mhz in Various Increments
CPU OverVoltage: +0.05v to +0.60vv in 0.05v increments
CPU NB OverVoltage: +0.05v to +0.60vv in 0.05v increments
DRAM OverVoltage: 1.8v to 3.3v in 0.05v increments
Chipset OverVoltage: 1.1v to 1.475v in 0.024v increments
HT OverVoltage: 1.2v to 1.6v in 0.025v increments
AMD's overclocking has fallen quite a bit in recent years; the Athlon 64 didn't really push the boundaries of speeds and with Phenom's High speed HT3 interconnect, it's more susceptible to noise on the HT link.
To this end, overclocking isn't as good on Phenom based boards when using Phenom processors. We lowered the HT link speed down to 1000MHz from 2000MHz to help increase its stability; however, we only managed to hit 283MHz FSB with this board and this required tweaks to all the voltages and buses.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog