The battle between AMD and NVIDIA for the chipset market is now heating up. AMDs latest generation of 7 series chipsets have been extremely impressive, putting NVIDIA on the back foot. NVIDIA, while coming in late for the Phenom line of chipsets aren't out of the running; their IGP isn't as advanced as the AMD offering, however their overclocking has managed to keep them ahead of AMD so far. But will this change with the next generation of chipsets?
The BIOSTAR T-Power 750a is a definite choice for AMD owners who want a mid-range board with Crossfire options, however, don't expect to get twin 9800GX2s to run on this board, as it's a split 8/8 SLI setup.
What we found annoying on this board and it must be said, was the use of jumper banks to switch between SLI and normal mode, making it a hassle to install a second GPU. It requires you to remove the first card to access the jumper banks when digital switching is available and works well. We just can't see why BIOSTAR didn't go with this option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017