The battle between AMD and NVIDIA for the chipset market is now heating up. AMDs latest generation of 7 series chipsets have been extremely impressive, putting NVIDIA on the back foot. NVIDIA, while coming in late for the Phenom line of chipsets aren't out of the running; their IGP isn't as advanced as the AMD offering, however their overclocking has managed to keep them ahead of AMD so far. But will this change with the next generation of chipsets?
The BIOSTAR T-Power 750a is a definite choice for AMD owners who want a mid-range board with Crossfire options, however, don't expect to get twin 9800GX2s to run on this board, as it's a split 8/8 SLI setup.
What we found annoying on this board and it must be said, was the use of jumper banks to switch between SLI and normal mode, making it a hassle to install a second GPU. It requires you to remove the first card to access the jumper banks when digital switching is available and works well. We just can't see why BIOSTAR didn't go with this option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- Battlefield 1 single player trailer teases Frostbite
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now