The battle between AMD and NVIDIA for the chipset market is now heating up. AMDs latest generation of 7 series chipsets have been extremely impressive, putting NVIDIA on the back foot. NVIDIA, while coming in late for the Phenom line of chipsets aren't out of the running; their IGP isn't as advanced as the AMD offering, however their overclocking has managed to keep them ahead of AMD so far. But will this change with the next generation of chipsets?
The BIOSTAR T-Power 750a is a definite choice for AMD owners who want a mid-range board with Crossfire options, however, don't expect to get twin 9800GX2s to run on this board, as it's a split 8/8 SLI setup.
What we found annoying on this board and it must be said, was the use of jumper banks to switch between SLI and normal mode, making it a hassle to install a second GPU. It requires you to remove the first card to access the jumper banks when digital switching is available and works well. We just can't see why BIOSTAR didn't go with this option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects
- Paragon PlayStation 4 test allows for PC cross-play functionality
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works with Sony at the helm
- North Korean Satellite tumbling out of control, not even functional
- DriveClub update brings hardcore handling to let you crash easier
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance