The battle between AMD and NVIDIA for the chipset market is now heating up. AMDs latest generation of 7 series chipsets have been extremely impressive, putting NVIDIA on the back foot. NVIDIA, while coming in late for the Phenom line of chipsets aren't out of the running; their IGP isn't as advanced as the AMD offering, however their overclocking has managed to keep them ahead of AMD so far. But will this change with the next generation of chipsets?
The BIOSTAR T-Power 750a is a definite choice for AMD owners who want a mid-range board with Crossfire options, however, don't expect to get twin 9800GX2s to run on this board, as it's a split 8/8 SLI setup.
What we found annoying on this board and it must be said, was the use of jumper banks to switch between SLI and normal mode, making it a hassle to install a second GPU. It requires you to remove the first card to access the jumper banks when digital switching is available and works well. We just can't see why BIOSTAR didn't go with this option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent