Package and Contents
In typical fashion we start off with the package that the board is shipped and sold in along with the extra goodies you get for your dollar. One thing about the J&W board was the packages artwork, or complete lack of I should say. Even ASRock and ECS has some form of artwork on the front of the box, but J&W only had the company logo, Intel's standard support logos and a few Intel chipset monograms on the front; that's it.
The back of the box was equally unimpressive; no marketing data for you to read. In all, a very disappointing start. Without a colour photo we can't see what we're buying; something we consider to be a big no-no in today's information age. We don't buy cars from the dealers without at least seeing a photo of them.
Thankfully the packaging doesn't seem to have been skimped on. With the documentation side of the contents there are two manuals; a quick install manual in blue and the standard users manual in black. The manual is a little thin but does get you through the install process adequately. The driver DVD contains Windows XP and Vista drivers for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but sadly for the alternate OS users there are no Linux drivers, so if you plan to go down this route, a huntin' you will go.
On the cables and accessories side of the equation, you get three internal SATA-II data cables along with two Molex to two SATA power converters (a total of four power ports) as well as a single eSATA data cable for good measure. When you work it out, you get half the amount of SATA data cables and half the amount of eSATA data cables that the board can support natively.
As far as ribbon cables go, you get a single FDD cable which supports a single drive and a single IDE cable that supports a master and slave device (two IDE drives). As for the rest, an I/O shield is needed for the ATX cases as J&W does not follow any standard ATX port placements (no company does anymore) and a single PCI cover bracket that has a single 6-pin FireWire port and two USB 2.0 ports for the onboard headers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood