When it comes to storage on either the desktop or notebook, hard disks are by far the slowest components and the storage subsystems built onto motherboards are quite adequate. But they are by no means the greatest in the world; in fact, by adding a dedicated IOP we can see that the performance can be increased noticeably. When we add these results towards overclocking, every little bit helps, especially when today's PC market demands high speed data movement without impacting the rest of the systems performance.
HighPoints RocketRAID 3120 fits the bill nicely for a performance part that won't cost the earth. While it's limited to only two drives, its performance is perfect for users who simply want a high speed startup system with Windows on it. While there is limited redundancy with RAID 1, it does tend to negate any performance features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system