Once everything is said and done, the Hiper Type R II 880 performs very well under pressure. Even with a couple of power hungry video boards sucking power for all their worth, this model did a very good job of not only providing enough power, but also doing so with next to no fluctuations in the power levels. This in itself bodes well for a recommendation, but with this product there is also more to consider.
While few power supplies can produce a WOW factor, this Hiper unit does a fair job of providing just this by including a full time powered device recharging port as well as an 8-port USB hub. This is something that you just don't see in your run of the mill PSU. Add to this the active cooling that was very quiet and you have the beginnings of a very worthy contender.
Features are what you would expect in a quality power supply and include +85% Efficiency, Active PFC and ROHS compliance. It also includes a three year warranty. Another consideration is that it is actually manufactured by the label that is pasted to the device, Hiper. Many company's products are produced by one of a few manufacturers, but the Hiper units are made by Hiper. While they do make OEM units where power levels are not their top priority, this model is made to perform well, and it accomplished the task with ease and style.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out in the realm of $170US. This price point puts it toward the lower half of the spectrum and you will be hard pressed to find a USB port or recharging port on any of the other choices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20