Once everything is said and done, the Hiper Type R II 880 performs very well under pressure. Even with a couple of power hungry video boards sucking power for all their worth, this model did a very good job of not only providing enough power, but also doing so with next to no fluctuations in the power levels. This in itself bodes well for a recommendation, but with this product there is also more to consider.
While few power supplies can produce a WOW factor, this Hiper unit does a fair job of providing just this by including a full time powered device recharging port as well as an 8-port USB hub. This is something that you just don't see in your run of the mill PSU. Add to this the active cooling that was very quiet and you have the beginnings of a very worthy contender.
Features are what you would expect in a quality power supply and include +85% Efficiency, Active PFC and ROHS compliance. It also includes a three year warranty. Another consideration is that it is actually manufactured by the label that is pasted to the device, Hiper. Many company's products are produced by one of a few manufacturers, but the Hiper units are made by Hiper. While they do make OEM units where power levels are not their top priority, this model is made to perform well, and it accomplished the task with ease and style.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out in the realm of $170US. This price point puts it toward the lower half of the spectrum and you will be hard pressed to find a USB port or recharging port on any of the other choices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Pottermore website can generate Patronus via online test
- You can now play Nintendo 64 games on Xbox One
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now