I'm not sure if there's something wrong with me but I never got caught up in the whole EeePC phenomenon. While the EeePC did spark the phenomenon that is the Netbook, the features and target audience for these products just weren't me, which meant I generally didn't care too much about it.
With that said, though, it isn't to say that the product wasn't good; you only have to look at the amount of clones out there to realize there clearly is a market and the cost of getting into a laptop has never been cheaper thanks to the huge amount of competition out there now.
ASUS thought it was time to expand the Eee name and bring out something for your desktop; thus, the EeeBox was born. The overall purpose of this product is very similar to the EeePC; it's got to be cheap and perform well in the tasks it's suited for.
We wonder, though, can an Intel Atom processor with 1GB of RAM really do much for us? There's really only one way to find out and that is to take the time to use and examine the product ourselves.
What we're going to do is have a look at the package and the EeeBox itself and then talk about our experience using it. I've taken the time to poke and prod my way around Windows XP and I will give you a rundown of my thoughts on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog