I'm not sure if there's something wrong with me but I never got caught up in the whole EeePC phenomenon. While the EeePC did spark the phenomenon that is the Netbook, the features and target audience for these products just weren't me, which meant I generally didn't care too much about it.
With that said, though, it isn't to say that the product wasn't good; you only have to look at the amount of clones out there to realize there clearly is a market and the cost of getting into a laptop has never been cheaper thanks to the huge amount of competition out there now.
ASUS thought it was time to expand the Eee name and bring out something for your desktop; thus, the EeeBox was born. The overall purpose of this product is very similar to the EeePC; it's got to be cheap and perform well in the tasks it's suited for.
We wonder, though, can an Intel Atom processor with 1GB of RAM really do much for us? There's really only one way to find out and that is to take the time to use and examine the product ourselves.
What we're going to do is have a look at the package and the EeeBox itself and then talk about our experience using it. I've taken the time to poke and prod my way around Windows XP and I will give you a rundown of my thoughts on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Mobile launches 'self-healing' iPhone cases
- BlackBerry could exit phone business if the Priv crashes
- Surface Book has dual-GPU setup with custom 1GB GDDR5 Maxwell GPU
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- ARK: Survival Evolved developer has no ETA on DX12 patch
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent