WOW! Who would have figured that a drive that is supposedly so much slower than it's competition could not only keep pace with the big boys, but beat it in a number of areas? To be honest, I didn't think this drive had a chance in a Power System. Man, was I mistaken.
Like I stated before, my main interest in this drive was due to its huge size and the fact that Seagate was rating its access time at 8.9ms. While the access times seemed to be exaggerated, the performance just blew me away! I never would have figured this sleeper to be the performance hound that it is. It's almost scary to think about a drive like this in a 7200 RPM flavor, but I think that it would surely take the crown.
So, are you building a new system and need large amounts of storage? Are your MP3s starting to get in the way of your big install sized games? Do you want to be able to laugh at your friends when they brag about that new 60GB drive that they just got? If any of these fit your style, then take a very serious look at this drive. Its transfer rates are not stellar, but are very much on line with its rated capabilities. It's overall performance, though, are well above what you would expect in a drive that is aimed at the "Budget Conscious" crowd.
Bottom line...Unless you're running a business server that requires the ultimate in speed for your clients, then you just can't go wrong with this drive. Size, speed, performance it just does it all. Whether you're into gaming or just want to store all those large files for easy use, you'll be happy with the Seagate U-Series 6 80GB hard drive.
- Monstrous Storage Space
- ATA-100 Specifications
- Great Performance
- 5400 RPM
Rating - 9 / 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives