When I first started setting up this drive, I knew that it would take a while, but I was really not prepared for the enormous amount of time it takes for such a huge drive. Maybe because I am used to partitioning my drives into smaller sizes I don't know. But I do know that between the partitioning and formatting of this monster, I spent well over an hour and that's not even installing the OS yet!
Was it worth it? Just take a look above at ALL THAT SPACE! When was the last time you saw that on a system that wasn't a RAID setup? Also notice that Windows had a devil of a time figuring out how to measure a drive this size during its setup. I'm still trying to figure out what 10,78.56MB is.
Confused or not, though, Windows was able to get the drive formatted and ready to accept the OS without a hitch. All space was available for use and it was just a matter of getting everything loaded to see how it would perform. Everything went smooth as silk, so lets see if this drive can hang with the big boys
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent