When I first started setting up this drive, I knew that it would take a while, but I was really not prepared for the enormous amount of time it takes for such a huge drive. Maybe because I am used to partitioning my drives into smaller sizes I don't know. But I do know that between the partitioning and formatting of this monster, I spent well over an hour and that's not even installing the OS yet!
Was it worth it? Just take a look above at ALL THAT SPACE! When was the last time you saw that on a system that wasn't a RAID setup? Also notice that Windows had a devil of a time figuring out how to measure a drive this size during its setup. I'm still trying to figure out what 10,78.56MB is.
Confused or not, though, Windows was able to get the drive formatted and ready to accept the OS without a hitch. All space was available for use and it was just a matter of getting everything loaded to see how it would perform. Everything went smooth as silk, so lets see if this drive can hang with the big boys
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio