When I first started setting up this drive, I knew that it would take a while, but I was really not prepared for the enormous amount of time it takes for such a huge drive. Maybe because I am used to partitioning my drives into smaller sizes I don't know. But I do know that between the partitioning and formatting of this monster, I spent well over an hour and that's not even installing the OS yet!
Was it worth it? Just take a look above at ALL THAT SPACE! When was the last time you saw that on a system that wasn't a RAID setup? Also notice that Windows had a devil of a time figuring out how to measure a drive this size during its setup. I'm still trying to figure out what 10,78.56MB is.
Confused or not, though, Windows was able to get the drive formatted and ready to accept the OS without a hitch. All space was available for use and it was just a matter of getting everything loaded to see how it would perform. Everything went smooth as silk, so lets see if this drive can hang with the big boys
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni