Seagate has been around for a long time as a maker of hard drives. They have had their ups and downs comparatively against other companies, but overall have made a quality product for those looking for either performance drives or a more budget oriented unit. Seagate makes both, but they have just recently released a new drive in their budget U-Series, and TweakTown has the privilege of being one of the first sites to take a look at this behemoth.
Simply put, the U-Series is a line of hard drives that is intended for those building a business or home type machine. It's not the high-end model that just screams when you throw data at it, but rather is meant for the common user. The U-Series line tries to put the best performance into your hands without the high cost associated with the performance units.
So why am I looking at this series? Take a look at the size of this monster! At a cost of somewhere around $210 USD and a disk storage capacity of 80GB well, I just had to see what this was all about. So shall we delve into it a little bit?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- Thecus adds 8TB Seagate HDD support to their NAS range
- Sony expected to drop the PS4 price down to $350 for the holidays
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs