I spoke with Zaward about the test results the day after they were run to get their take on the performance. I also took the opportunity to dive into the engineering of the cooler and have to say that I am impressed with the company and how they plan on engineering coolers. The Gyre may be the first highly engineered cooler from the company, but I can tell you with certainty it will not be the last.
The Gyres performance is average for its price range, but other products perform better. I think if the cooler was matched with a stronger fan we would see cooling performance improve by a significant margin. But at the same time, acoustic performance would suffer. The Gyre is a much better product than the stock coolers from Intel and AMD.
When it comes to pricing, the 40 Dollar market is getting saturated with contenders, but the real story is in the availability. Zaward is a small company compared to Cooler Master, Thermaltake and even Xigmatek so their product availability is limited at this time. I suspect this will change over the course of the next year and by that time Zaward will have a new contender for enthusiasts.
For now Zaward is mainly looking for feedback to their engineering and want to hear from reviewers and those lucky enough to find the products in retail. The company is looking to fine tune the products and prepare for their next big launch.
The Zaward Gyre is over engineered but this is not a market where we consider this a bad thing. Further refinements are needed before we can recommend the cooler for enthusiasts, but keep an eye out on this company as we are expecting good things from them in the future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zaward Gyre ZCJ010]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- Australia's biggest mobile telco Telstra hit by nation-wide outages
- iPhones being permanently bricked by 'Error 53'
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance