I spoke with Zaward about the test results the day after they were run to get their take on the performance. I also took the opportunity to dive into the engineering of the cooler and have to say that I am impressed with the company and how they plan on engineering coolers. The Gyre may be the first highly engineered cooler from the company, but I can tell you with certainty it will not be the last.
The Gyres performance is average for its price range, but other products perform better. I think if the cooler was matched with a stronger fan we would see cooling performance improve by a significant margin. But at the same time, acoustic performance would suffer. The Gyre is a much better product than the stock coolers from Intel and AMD.
When it comes to pricing, the 40 Dollar market is getting saturated with contenders, but the real story is in the availability. Zaward is a small company compared to Cooler Master, Thermaltake and even Xigmatek so their product availability is limited at this time. I suspect this will change over the course of the next year and by that time Zaward will have a new contender for enthusiasts.
For now Zaward is mainly looking for feedback to their engineering and want to hear from reviewers and those lucky enough to find the products in retail. The company is looking to fine tune the products and prepare for their next big launch.
The Zaward Gyre is over engineered but this is not a market where we consider this a bad thing. Further refinements are needed before we can recommend the cooler for enthusiasts, but keep an eye out on this company as we are expecting good things from them in the future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zaward Gyre ZCJ010]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family