While DDR2 still holds its own in the market place, Intel has already signed DDR2 to the back benches. The only boards that will come from Intel with DDR2 are current and past generation chipsets. None of the new Core i7 series will have any DDR2 support since the memory controller is being moved onto the CPU itself. And with AMDs plans for the AM3+ series soon to poke its head out of the sand, DDR2 is finally coming to a close. This brings on the era of DDR3.
Unfortunately DDR3 still costs more per MB than DDR2, this is due to the higher yields that are needed and the extra technology that has to go into DDR3 to make it work. But when it does, its clock speeds are well beyond anything that DDR2 could ever hope to achieve and we are seeing that now.
Team Groups DDR3-1866 kit, while not reaching the desired speed today, this was mostly due to not having a huge amount of time to tinker with the settings. However, with more tweaking it's sure to manage more. And while only making 1850MHz of its 1866MHz, it's still one of the fastest kits on the market today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand