After a short wait I finally got the fight I wanted; true apples to apples with Xigmatek's HDT technology in 120mm form up against the best the computer industry has to offer. The first question I had was if the thin, light weight cooler could really perform with the likes of Noctua and Arctic Cooling and that was easily proven true. The same goes for acoustics; H.D.T is able to perform well with low speed fans that produce little to no noise, even on full speed.
Xigmatek has crossed a line that so many are starting to move their coolers into, the price line. At less than 40 Dollars the Red Scorpion is able to deliver high performance with high style at a price many can afford. For many years industry leading performance came with a price tag of 60, 70, 80 Dollars and sometimes without a fan. So kudos goes to Xigmatek for bringing performance products to the masses.
If you are looking for even better cooling, Xigmatek just announced a new line of CPU coolers called Achillies and it features four heat pipes. I only mention it because when shopping around I ran into the product for sale already and I know how our enthusiast base likes to be kept up on the latest and greatest. Look for a review in the coming months here on TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni